Friday, September 5, 2014

Day 13!

Happy Friday!!! Friday, the thirteenth day of school...is that creepy? I can't tell.

Anyway, it's Friday and I'm PUMPED.

Today we will start with a (hopefully) really easy review of our #wordcrimes words. Please complete the form below, so I can check to see how you're doing with these words!



After that, we will get started on our next poem "Half Hanged Mary" by Margaret Atwood. It's one of my favorites because it is so awesome!! As you read today, I want you to highlight examples of figurative language, specifically metaphors and similes. We'll do a really brief review of those so you know what you're looking for.

On Monday, we will do some group work with this poem,  but for today, I would just like you to read through it and identify the figurative language.