Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day 141!

Good Tuesday to you all!

Today we will start by finishing any vocabulary that we did not get to yesterday!

Then, we will move on to our next author--Frederick Douglass (can I get a "whoop whoop"?). We'll start by finding out a little about who he was by using this Author Notes Sheet, but we are going to do it a little differently this time, just for the sake of fun!

Once we have finished with that, we will start talking about his autobiography My Bondage and My Freedom. We will talk about what an autobiography is, and we will discuss why Douglass felt he needed to write about his life. We will analyze his purpose for writing using this Author's Purpose Chart!

By the end of reading this selection, you will be able to say:


  • I can analyze an author's purpose for writing. 
  • I can read, comprehend, analyze, and critique an autobiography.