Tuesday, November 12, 2013

DAY 60!!!

Holy buckets! I can't believe we have made it this far! We are now 1/3 of the way through school....way to go you guys!

I'd like to thank all of you for your helpful comments on my report card yesterday, I saw several comments more than once and I will do my best to improve upon as many of those comments as possible.

That being said, let's start with Commonly Confused Words. A few of you mentioned in your report cards that you don't like the way we do them in class. A couple of you said that you want to go back to just copy and pasting from the blog...good try. Others of you voiced that you would like them delivered in a different way and that you feel that people aren't retaining them. I agree with that. SO, today for our Commonly Confused Words time, I want to do some brainstorming.  Please think on the following questions for me:

1. What kinds of words do you want to learn? (Continue with commonly confused to help writing, ACT/SAT common vocabulary, other vocabulary) No, "I don't want to learn any words" is not an option.

2. How do you learn vocabulary best?

3. What suggestions do you have to make our word sessions more interactive?


We spend just a few minutes discussing these questions, and then we will move forward with our lives in English! Today we get to start Gothic Literature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( I am a big fan of this unit).

We will talk about what it means to be "Gothic", some background information, and then you'll be out of here!

Don't forget that  your Reading Workshop Question is due tomorrow!!